Testosterone Boosters – The How’s, What’s, and Why’s
Unfortunately, life isn’t always fair. By the time us guys reach our 30’s, the amount of androgens, or male hormones, that our bodies produce (like testosterone and DHEA) begins to slowly diminish.
When production of the powerful hormone testosterone goes down, ugly problems start to creep up. We’re talking things like loss of muscle mass, reduced bone density, lowered sex drive, depression, a decline in cognitive function – and that’s just for starters. And while there are a variety of modern medical options for low testosterone available, they aren’t always the most safe, affordable, or convenient options. That’s is where this list will come in handy.
If your goal is for greater results from your efforts at the gym or increased athletic performance, you should definitely consider trying the products from this Best Testosterone Booster Ratings List. These supplements not only stimulate your body to increase muscle mass, boost energy and stamina, and rev up fat loss and metabolism, but also allow for an easier recovery period between workouts.
And if you’re just feeling a bit sluggish, or maybe missing the feeling of vitality that you once had, a high-quality testosterone supplement is exactly what you need to re-kindle your fire, whether at work, at play, in the gym, or in the bedroom.
In fact, the majority of men over the age of 30+ would probably see great benefit from taking a testosterone booster.
The Best Testosterone Boosters of 2019
You’ve probably already noticed that there are a ton of testosterone boosters on the market to choose from, which makes deciding which ones to try almost feel like doing a homework assignment.
Being the stand-up guy that I am, I’ve gone through the trouble of trying out and rating a sh*t-load of testosterone-boosting supplements, and after careful testing created the following list of brands which I found to work best as of 2019. You’re welcome.
Both this list and ratings are updated on a regular basis to reflect any changes in the featured products’ quality, ingredient profiles, and/or effectiveness – plus any newcomer brands that show awesome results are added as they’re made available.
So without further ado: Here’s the current Best Testosterone Booster list for 2019 containing those products which I found to be most effective, ranked by overall rating:
#1: Test Stack No. 17
Product: Test Stack No. 17 (Test Stack Rx)
Manufacturer: Bio Nutraceutical LLC
- Substantial increases to strength and stamina.
- Noticeable gains in lean muscle mass.
- Boosts energy levels and speeds recovery time.
- Improves mood, sleep and mental clarity.
- 110% money-back guarantee.
- Occasionally runs out of stock due to limited production.
- Noticeably increases strength and endurance.
- Substantial gains in lean muscle mass.
- Boosts energy and metabolism.
- Improves mood, sleep quality and focus.
- Buy two, get one FREE
- Fairly expensive.
- Only available from the manufacturer’s website.
#3: Prime Male
- Delivers a noticeable boost to testosterone production.
- Boosts muscle mass, strength, stamina, libido and mental clarity.
- Effective all-natural ingredients, includes Bio-Perine
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- For best results it needs to be taken 4 times daily.
- Not super-expensive, but not the cheapest either.
- Only available from the manufacturer’s website.
- Alleviates and reverses many of the effects of andropause.
- Boosts sex drive and libido.
- Increases energy and vitality.
- Improves motivation and mental focus.
- 60 day money-back guarantee.
- Best results require consistent use of 3-6 months.
- Only available from the manufacturer’s website.
- Made of effective ingredients proven to increase free testosterone levels.
- Natural, safe and FDA-approved.
- Affordable compared to other high-quality test boosters.
- Free shipping.
- 67-day money-back guarantee.
Mediocre ingredient profile, nothing special.
- Only available online from the manufacturer’s website.
- Delivers a noticeable increase in testosterone production.
- Reverses andropause symptoms
- Boosts muscle gains and athletic performance.
- Safe and effective all-natural ingredients.
- No side-effects.
- 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Requires dosage be taken four times daily.
- Only available from manufacturer’s website.
So Why Use A Testosterone Booster?
There are plenty of reasons why you might need to use a testosterone booster. These supplements are good for more than just feeling like your old self though.
Besides HGH supplements, many guys take a testosterone booster to enhance athletic performance and significantly improve their workout results. At the end of the day, there’s basically two main reasons for men to use testosterone boosting supplements: Performance enhancement and andropause.
Bodybuilding and Performance Enhancement
Obviously, bodybuilders and professional athletes are prime candidates for the use of testosterone supplements. Not only do test-boosters work to increase muscle mass and help enhance athletic performance, they also improve energy, focus, and stamina for more productive workouts, as well as make recovery from exercise less difficult.
Unfortunately, many bodybuilders and sports athletes turn to anabolic steroids to up their game. Not only are these substances illegal, but there’s also a large assortment of negative side effects and health risks that come with the territory when using steroids.
Some of the nastier side-effects associated with anabolic steroid use include liver damage, shrunken testicles, infertility, gynecomastia, severe acne, and an enlarged prostate… and that’s only a few!
Bottom line: The best testosterone boosting supplements provide a safe and legal way to naturally increase test levels without the risks associated with steroid use.
Performance enhancement isn’t the only reason to use a testosterone booster. Just as women experience mid-life hormone changes during menopause, many men will also suffer from the effects of diminishing hormones (especially testosterone), a common condition known as andropause.
Low production of testosterone can cause a wide assortment of unpleasant medical conditions. It’s probably a good idea to have your testosterone levels checked if you think you may have a hormone imbalance.
Whatever the reason, a drop in testosterone can eventually lead to all manner of unpleasant symptoms, including:
- Diminished sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Lack of energy and motivation
- Reduced strength and stamina
- Difficulty sleeping
- Brain fog
- Decreased muscle mass and bone density
- Poor immune system
In general, if you’re a guy over 35 years old, boosting testosterone levels by adding these supplements to your regimen can produce great results, significantly improving changes that you might not have even noticed happening.
So what about medical treatment for low testosterone? You’ve probably heard about testosterone replacement thearapy, or TRT . Not to be confused with Hormone Replacement Therapy, which is for menopausal women, testosterone replacement therapy is used to treat low T, which is delivered either transdermally (with gels or patches), or by injections, or even implants.
The bad news is that testosterone injections can only be prescribed by a doctor. What’s worse, they can cause unpleasant side effects… and may actually increase your risk of heart attack and stroke.
Plus, we still don’t know what the long-term effects of testosterone replacement therapy might be. That’s why I always recommend trying natural testosterone boosters before resorting to TRT injections.
Whether you’re a bodybuilder or sports athlete looking to increase strength and muscle mass, or you have a testosterone hormone deficiency caused by conditions like andropause, supplementing with a testosterone booster can improve many areas of your life.
Some of the most common benefits experienced by men taking testosterone boosters include:
- Helps increase muscle mass
- Improves sports performance
- Increases strength and stamina
- Elevates mood and motivation
- Helps reverse the symptoms of andropause
- Revs up sex drive and libido
- Boosts energy
- Rebalances hormone levels
These are just a few of the possible benefits you’ll notice when taking a high-quality testosterone supplement.
Knowing this, it shouldn’t come as any surprise that out of all the hormone supporting supplements available, men generally buy testosterone boosters more than any other. Because these over-the-counter supplements are designed for boosting testosterone levels naturally and without side-effects, they’re really a powerful and convenient alternative for correcting testosterone deficiency for many men.
And while even the best testosterone boosters won’t be as powerful as taking steroid injections, they will still deliver noticeable results – safely, and with little or no side effects.
If you’re feeling the effects of age creeping up on you, want to give a boost to your workout gains or athletic performance, or would just like to put a little more pep back into your step, taking the right testosterone booster can end up having a huge impact on your quality of life.
How Testosterone Boosters Work
Unlike testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), anabolic steroids, and prohormones (all of which actually introduce exogenous testosterone into the body), a testosterone booster frees up the testosterone that is already present in the body that has been neutralized by other factors, such as higher than normal levels of the female estrogen or sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
Most of the best testosterone boosters will use a combination of effective ingredients to create a perfectly balanced proprietary formula, intended to safely increase levels of free testosterone in the body. This significantly increases the ability of these products to produce more testosterone as a result.
Ingredients Typically Found in the Best Testosterone Boosters
Many of these testosterone supplements contain well-known natural androgen hormone enhancers that are backed by years of scientific research. Here’s a list of some of the best testosterone booster ingredients that are most commonly used:
- Tribulus terrestris – Tribulus terrestris is an herbal nutritional supplement that is promoted to raise testosterone and produce large gains in strength and lean muscle mass. Native to sub-Himalayan forests of India, Burma, and several other countries, tribulus terrestris is well-known for its natural ability to increase sex drive and improve sexual performance.
- Maca root – Maca root is hailed by many for helping to balance hormone levels (including testosterone) and increase energy and libido. Considered to be a “super food” due to its many reported benefits, the maca root is an adaptogenic herb that has been shown in studies to improve fertility in both men and women
- Tongkat ali – Tongkat Ali is a natural energy booster, with Asian communities using this herb for centuries for just this effect, alongside it being used to ramp up sex drive and boost testosterone levels. Also known as Eurycoma longifolia, Tongkat ali can help decrease body fat while boosting the ability to gain lean body mass.
- DHEA – DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is an endogenous steroid hormone, produced by the adrenal glands, gonads, and brain, and is one of the most abundant steroid hormones in the human body. DHEA is a complex substance that can boost the level of steroid hormones such as testosterone, and is associated with anti-aging, boosted immunity, improved cognitive function, and increased muscle mass and strength.
- Fenugreek – Fenugreek is an herb that is believed to increase sexual arousal and testosterone levels and enhance athletic performance in men. In more than one study, the majority of participants experienced an increase in testosterone, improved sexual function, greater strength, and a reduction in body fat.
- Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is an incredibly powerful adaptogen which has long been used for years to produce a plethora of health benefits – including an amazing ability for boosting testosterone. Recent studies show that participants saw nearly 20% increase in total free testosterone, plus increased strength, muscle mass, stamina, and fat loss.
- D-aspartic acid – D-aspartic acid is an amino acid that is believed to boost testosterone levels – however, the research is sketchy. One study showed that participants had positive changes in testosterone production, while another study showed an actual decrease in these levels. Despite the current conflicting research, D-aspartic acid is still found as an ingredient in many testosterone boosters.
- ZMA – ZMA is a natural mineral supplement made up of zinc, magnesium aspartate, and vitamin B6. Primarily used by athletes and bodybuilders, ZMA is often cited as improving athletic performance and raising testosterone levels. It also promotes a deep, more restful sleep and aids with muscle recovery.
Of course, these are only a few of some of the most popular testosterone-boosting ingredients that have been backed by scientific research. You may notice other ingredients being used as well, and unique formulas are available in an infinite number of combinations.